The mission of the Funeral Ministry is to aide, befriend, and console the family of the deceased.
If you are prayerfully looking for a Church Home; you are Welcomed to join us at the Union Hill Missionary Baptist Church..
Goals and Responsibilities:
- To contact the pastor, ministerial staff, and deacons in event of a death.
- Plan a visitation to the home of the deceases to determine the needs and desires of the family.
- Help the family plan the order of service, write the obituary or any other help the family requests.
- Contact the president of one of the church choirs, president of the Usher Board and Hospitality Committee Chair if requested by the family.
- Make family aware of services provided by the church.
- Determine if the deceased was a Mason, Eastern Star, member of a Sorority/Fraternity and etc to determine if any special services or ceremonies are requested.
- Advice the family that no dates for service can or should be confirmed until contact with the pastor has been made.